Family Support Worker
Hi everyone! My name is Debbie Downie and I am your Family Support Worker.
My role is to give support, advice and information to the families within our school. I can support you with any worries that you may have around your child’s education, behaviour or wellbeing in a sensitive and caring manner which is correct for your child, helping them to deal with challenges in a positive way, by breaking down barriers to learning so that they can be successful and able to make good progress.
I am also here to work closely and support you the parent/carer. If you feel that you need to talk, I can make myself available to meet with you at home, in school at a time that suits you or even in a coffee shop! I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can support you in working out a way to be able to find them.
Advice and support is confidential, however, any concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
We here at the Willows School feel that parents/carers are also an important part of the Willows family and are to be appreciated and listened to. To this end we hold Parents Coffee Morning. This is a fortnightly event which supports parents/carers and those in the Willows Community. They are encouraged to come along and take part in our various topics, share views, discuss issues, drink coffee and eat cake!
Support for pupils includes promoting the following:
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Self-esteem and confidence.
- Positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning.
Support for families includes:
- Providing information and signposting to other services in the local area.
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home.
- Liaising with a range of external services.
- Attendance and support at school and other agency meetings.
- Guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school.
You can get in touch by calling the school office on 020 8841 7176 or request that I call you via your child’s Home School Link Book.